Holland, MI. SpinDance, a leader in custom Internet of Things (IoT) software development, is looking for a Project Manager to join our growing team. As a Project Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to guide our teams and customers in building the next generation of connected software systems. If you enjoy managing software projects and helping customers achieve their vision, you’ll love working at SpinDance.
At SpinDance, we focus on developing solutions for startups, Fortune 500s, and everyone in between. As part of our Delivery team, you’ll manage projects across a wide variety of industries. You’ll work with an experienced, friendly team of software engineers, architects and technical leads to build a smarter, connected world.
What You’ll Do
- Lead all aspects of project management: kickoff, onboarding, status meetings, health metrics, issue escalation, scheduling, project coordination.
- Collaborate with the project product owner and scrum master to ensure project success.
- Increase visibility to the team and customer on scope, budget, and timeline.
- Identify opportunities for improvement within the Delivery process to drive efficiencies and better interaction between all parties.
- Time tracking and invoicing of all billable activities on projects.
- System setup and administration for main project management systems and tools.
- Contribute to our culture through coaching our teams, communicating truth to our customers, and making sure our development team is delivering every day.
- Implementation and documentation of best practices, ensuring adherence to important components.
What We’re Looking For
- Experience in project management (at least 2 years).
- It is a bonus if you have experience in managing software projects, understand the Scrum methodology and the ways to leverage this process to ensure customer and team success.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to navigate difficult situations and drive alignment across teams.
- Experience in managing people or teams, as the Project Manager will be responsible for coaching the entire team on ways to meet our goals.
- Someone who loves the culture of a small company and enjoys working on every part of the project management life cycle: project kickoff, execution, testing, and closure.
- Ability to gather feedback, identify trends, interpret issues, and build back into our procedures for continuous improvement.
- A desire to learn and share what you’ve learned through a variety of avenues.
- Strong interpersonal skills: teamwork is very important to us.
SpinDance, established in 2000, is a profitable software company focused on craftsmanship and pragmatic solutions. Our team of around 50 includes people of all ages and walks of life, and who love waking up everyday to solve all sorts of interesting problems.
Here’s what we offer:
- A competitive salary.
- A fun, caring team who holds each other accountable for results, and values a healthy work/life balance.
- Flexible hours and locations. As knowledge workers, we understand the need for balancing community and collaboration with deep focus. We use Scrum and Slack to stay connected, and we trust our team to work where they want, when they want.
- Standard 40 hour work weeks. We understand the best work comes from reasonable schedules sustained over months and years, not death marches. There are times where more work is necessary, but we aim for 40 hour weeks.
- Great healthcare and dental insurance.
- Paid vacation and time off.
- 401k with a matching contribution of 100% on the first 3% of your eligible earnings and an additional 50% on the next 2% of your eligible earnings.
- Ongoing professional development, including books, conferences and certifications.